- A Cry for Help (1975), Death Stalk (1975) and Zulu Dawn (1979) added to the Tarantino List (9/11)
- Spider Baby (1968), The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970), The Night Stalker (1972) and The Reincarnation of Peter Proud (1975) added to the Tarantino List (9/9)
- The Big Sleep (1946), Torso (1973) and Mr. Scarface (1976) added to the Tarantino List (8/25)
- Added Another Round (2020) and Nomadland (2020) to the Original List (8/7)
- White Line Fever (1975) added to the Tarantino List (7/13)
- The Saint in London (1939), Action in Arabia (1944), Murder Without Crime (1950), The Yellow Balloon (1953), The Crook (1970), and Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects (1989) added to the Tarantino List (6/18)
- Corrections on the Annual Revision: Added King Kong and Badlands to The One Year Film School (5/14)
Site created by
Geert Verbanck, a Belgian film buff and screenwriter.
Among others, I wrote the Oscar nominated short Tanghi Argentini, and cowrote the international hit show 13 Commandments. A few years back I published a book (in Dutch) about the 365 films you have to see. This site (created during the 2020 lockdown) is a sort of sequel to that.
watching the classics is the Best Film School you can get!As Scorsese puts it: "I do it like painters used to do, or painters do: study the old masters, enrich your palette, expand your canvas."
With this list of 365 films, it will only take you a year to discover the most important classics. After that you'll have a good sense what a classic is made of, or what kind of film tickles your fancy (and what kind doesn't), and you'll get inspired to follow your own path as a filmmaker / cameraman / editor / screenwriter...
So start watching today.
"The only school for the cinema is the cinema."
Tarantino SchoolI made a Grindhouse Version as well!
Check it out here.